Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Check Out These Top Reads for Summer!

Compiled by Kate Sutherland, Vollmer Public Relations New York

I can almost hear the ocean and smell the sunscreen already! While I love everything about the summer, I truly enjoy spending a day at the beach reading a juicy (okay, trashy) book.
Call me old fashioned, but sitting down with a “book” that does not have actual pages just doesn’t do it for me.  I still love going to my neighborhood bookstore and picking up a stack of summer reads.

Of course, times have changed, and if you are scrolling through the latest James Patterson on your Kindle or Nook or iPad, the end result is the same - a great book under your belt to talk about with co-workers when the weekend ends.
Check out the Top Summer Reading picks from Vollmerville:
  • Playing the Enemy: Nelson Mandela and the Game that Made a Nation, by John Carlin
  • Millennium trilogy,  by Stieg Larsson
  • Everett Ruess: A Vagabond for Beauty, by W.L. Rusho
  • The Beach House, by Mary Alice Monroe
  • The Twilight Series, Stephenie Meyer
  • The Help, Kathryn Stockett
  • I am Charlotte Simmons, by Tom Wolfe
  • The Last Song, by Nicholas Sparks
  • Summer at Tiffany, by Marjorie Hart
  • Prey, by Michael Crichton
…and last but not least…Specific Impulse, by Charles Justiz – a great new thriller (compared to Michael Crichton) from the husband of Dayna Steele, our Vollocity Editor!

Bookmark and Share

No comments: