Monday, August 3, 2009

Dog Days of Summer

by Helen Vollmer, CEO & Founder of Vollmer Public Relations

Ahhhh, the dog days of summer have arrived! I know because each afternoon I come home to find our 10 year old mutt, Zoe, panting like crazy as she pushes past me to be the first in the air conditioned house. Other signs that, like Zoe, the rest of us are feeling the effects of 90 degree plus heat? Friends and business colleagues have disappeared to the mountains of Colorado, Montana and New England. There's a lot less traffic in the heat of the day, making it actually easier to get to appointments on time. And, am I possibly noticing more dawdling around the water cooler as though it is an oasis from summer doldrums? Mostly, I'm fascinated that I wear more sweaters in summer than I do in winter as office AC systems have been cranked down to the Arctic range. Maybe the Europeans have it right-maybe we should all take August off. But in case you, like most of us at Vollmerville, are busy keeping the business world running, take a little breather by enjoying this month's Vollocity. Be cool and "see you in September!"
Bookmark and Share

No comments: